Good morning Juniper Ridge Parents,
Please find below your updates and reminders for this coming week! At the end I also give you a sneak peek at the following week as well. This information is also posted to the Juniper Ridge website.
If you don't follow us on Twitter and Instagram- you should!
VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: ASSERTIVENESS
1.Please speak with your children about keeping their HANDS AND FEET to themselves. At no time is it accceptable (unless playing tag where you tap someone) are children allowed to play, roughhouse or solve their problems by pushing or showing aggression toward another student at Juniper. It was a lot of reminding this week so if parents could follow up at home we would appreciate that.
2.SAFE ARRIVAL GOES LIVE MONDAY SEPTEMBER 18th. If your child is going to be late or absent please call the Safe Arrival line (not Mrs. Decker) at 1-844-350-2647 or go to ktsd.schoolconnects.com Cards will this information came home with your child on Friday- check their backpack!
3.Parents of students of Aboriginal Ancestory- please return your consent letters as soon as possible. If you need another sent home please call Mrs. Decker.
4. Thank you for SUPPORTING THE PAC GREAT LITTLE COUPON BOOK FUNDRAISER! The PAC has an excellent vision for the school this year and they have lots planned to have a successful year. COUPON BOOK FUNDRAISER runs the month of September. My thanks to the PAC for approving $800 in its first meeting so that I could fill playground bins for each division. I spent another $800 as well so we are excited that the children will have lots to do outside. If you have old balls at home you no longer need- the school can always put them in our current bins until the new equipment/bins arrive.
THE PAC has had to CANCEL THE WELCOME BACK BBQ that was scheduled for Sept. 21. The plan is to do an event near the end of the year when they have more time to plan.
5. SCHOOL FEES and FORMS are due back by September 29th. We would appreciate you completing the paperwork as soon as possible as the information is critical for our database in MyEDBC and for Media Consent. WALKING PERMISSSION SLIPS also need to be completed so that your child can leave our school grounds.
6. WE ARE CHAPTERS INDIGO ONLINE ADOPT A SCHOOL! This is so exciting and we have the potential to receive many new books for our school. An email was sent Friday night explaining the Adopt A School Campaign. Please visit adoptaschool.indigo.ca and seach for JUNIPER RIDGE and make your donation! I have been a part of this at my last two schools as well and to be successful we need parent support. Tell your friends and family to support us too!
7. CROSS COUNTRY RUN TEAM- including our Gr. 3's! Your Permission Forms must be returned MONDAY SEPT. 18 in time for the Run Sept. 19. Mrs. Rein and I are short drivers at this time so if you can help us please indicate on your forms. Children should listen to announcements to know when they train with Mrs. Rein. THE OLPH CROSS COUNTRY RUN IS TUESDAY SEPT. 19th. at Mac Island.
8. VOLLEYBALL NEWS! Gr. 6/7's interested in playing Volleyball this year should take note that there will be try outs TUES. SEPT. 19 at lunch for GIRLS and THURS. SEPT. 21 for BOYS. Thanks to Mrs. Grimm for organizing. See you at 12:05.
9. Parents of GR. 4 and 7 students- you will be getting a letter home regarding the administration of the Foundation Skills Assessments that will be taking place starting October 2. These are Ministry of Education mandated exams and the letter will explain the process and potential practice you can do at home with your child prior to the exams commencing. Watch for the letter coming home on Monday September 18th.
10. We will have our first LOCKDOWN DRILL on Wed. Sept. 20. Constable Meikle will be attending Juniper Ridge at the time of the drill to ensure our protocals are in place and we have executed the drill appropriately. Teachers will be practicing procedures leading up to Wednesday.
11. FRIDAY SEPT. 22 is a NON INSTRUCTIONAL DAY- there is no school for students. Just so parents are aware- the staff will be immersed in learning with Mrs. Llloyd and myself on this day. She and I have planned a day with guest speakers and we will also spend time on the theme of Collaboration and our School Learning Plan.
Coming up the following week: CHAPTERS/ INDIGO ADOPT A SCHOOL CAMPAIGN continues!
Virtue of Self Discipline is our focus!
Monday Sept. 25- FireDrill #3 / Mrs. Plut and Mrs. Patterson to Davison Orchard all day(return your permission forms please)
Tuesday Sept. 26- Lifetouch Photo Day/Pizza with the Principal lunch for the 4 lucky winners/ Raise a Reader Campaign- we are hoping you will donate to this cause as you drop off in the morning- Mrs. Hoffer, Mrs. Lloyd and Mrs. Gorman will all be outside collecting donations for Literacy in the community/ RLC Cross Country Run
Wed. Sept. 27- LOCKDOWN #2 practice/ Come Read with Me Invitations go home for Gr. 1 parents
Thurs. Sept. 28- TERRY FOX RUN 9:45 primaries/ 11:30 intermediates. We will be collecting a twoonie leading up to the run day!
Fri. Sept. 29- ORANGE SHIRT DAY to celebrate #everychildmatters Please dress your child in orange! Teachers will be discussing the importance of this day with their classes. We have our first ART STARTS performance- UZUME TAIKO at 9 am as well. SCHOOL FEES DUE and the PAC COUPON BOOK FUNDRAISER comes to a close. The October Newsletter will be emailed home to parents
Thank you Juniper Parents for sending us your wonderful children every day.
Mrs. Carol DeFehr (One grateful principal- I get to lead and love Juniper Ridge children!)