Site news

Parent's Weekly Update: Dec. 4-8, 2017

Picture of Carol Defehr
Parent's Weekly Update: Dec. 4-8, 2017
by Carol Defehr - Sunday, 3 December 2017, 10:18 AM

Hi Parents

I hope you have had a wonderful weekend with your kids. I am presently reading 431 report cards about your child's progress. Once I read them they go back to teachers for edits and final draft and then I sign them all individually. TERM I Report Cards  will all come home on Dec. 14th.

Thanks to everyone who supported the PAC Craft Fair yesterday at the school! We really appreciated it!

SPIRIT WEAR arrived on Friday and thanks to Jen from the PAC for sorting it all. Just a reminder to send your child in their JUNIPER RIDGE clothing or school colors(black, burgandy or grey) EVERY FRIDAY for the rest of the year unless other special days occur (ie. Dec. 22 is Red and Green day)

We received the Juniper Ridge Socks but we were short shipped 10 pairs so we are just waiting for those to arrive and then we will send all the socks out to their new owners!

BE A HUNGER HERO! Please send your food donations to the school! We are collecting for the Salvation Arm and also the Kamloops Food Bank. Please send heavy items so our school can win the PAPA JOHN'S PIzza Party! Everyone coming to our Christmas Concerts is asked to bring an item as well.

VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: DETERMINATION

Here is a glance at this week and the following week for your planning:

Monday December 4- NON INSTRUCTIONAL DAY- No School for students, but teachers at a variety of professional learning opportunities to enrich their practices.

Tuesday December 5- HOUR OF CODE WEEK BEGINS. Teachers may engage their class in introductory coding lessons or online coding tutorials.

Wednesday December 6- Intermediate Dress Rehearsal for "A MAGICAL WINTER EVENING" concert. 1:15   *This is for staff and students only please

Thursday December 7- Intermediate Christmas Concert "A MAGICAL WINTER EVENING" concert

1:15 pm and 6:00 pm.  Doors will open at 5:45 pm.

Friday December 8- SANTA HAT DAY! Wear you Santa Hat and get in the spirit! PAC HOT LUNCH DAY- Senor Froggies. WEAR YOUR JUNIPER RIDGE SPIRIT WEAR! 

Coming up next week:

BASKETBALL SIGN UP for all Gr.5-7's GIRLS AND BOYS interested in playing TIer 1 or Tier 2.  Basketball does require us to have TRY OUTS and it is possible we can not have all children interested able to play on a team due to a numbers issue and limited interested coaches. GIrls interested in playing should be prepared for some try outs before the Christmas break Dec. 18-22.

VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: CONSIDERATION

Mon. Dec. 11- RCMP Constable Meikle will be at Juniper to talk to all Gr. 3-7 students about the vandalism occuring in our school. It is disappointing some students are showing such a lack of respect for our campus and we are hoping by having Constable Meikle explain why this is disappointing will hold further weight than just myself as the Principal pleading on the announcements for it to end.  The District is coming Mon. Dec. 4 to repaint all of our bathroom stalls and we hope that children will respect this fresh paint and take pride in our building. If all parents talk to their children as well we hope this will make an impact.

STAFF MEETING DEC. 11- please know teachers are rushing to attend this meeting so please make an alternate time to speak to them afterschool

PAC MEETING DEC. 11- 6:00 pm in the Library. Childminding is available. All parents are welcome and are encouraged to come help make decisions about PAC's contributions to the school and hear the Principal's Report.

Tues. Dec. 12- Stockermans/Rein and Grimm/Cowan's classes are heading swimming 12:20-2:30- please return permission slips

K/1 Christmas Concert "A VERY VERY GINGERBREAD MAN" 9 am STAFF AND STUDENT Show

Parents/Guardians may attend our 1:15 Performance of the K/1 Christmas Concert on Dec. 12.

Wed. Dec. 13- Gr. 2/3  "ELFLANDIA" Dress Rehearsal 1:15 This is for STAFF AND STUDENTS only.

Thurs. Dec. 14-  Gr. 2/3 "ELFLANDIA" 1:15 Afternoon Performance and 6:00 pm Evening Performance- we can't wait to show you!

Fruit and Veggie Program- Mandarin Oranges

TERM I REPORT CARDS COME HOME- please sign and return the brown report card envelopes and write the teacher a message about your childs successes and areas of growth.

Fri. Dec. 15- Skating at Sandman- Hill, Gatien and Stonehouse's classes 9:00-1030

Skating at Valleyview- Richard, Pierce and Klassen's classes 1-2:30

For those interested a REMINDER TO REGISTER FOR OUR JANUARY MOTHER GOOSE PROGRAM happening at Juniper on Thursdays from 3-4 pm.

Thanks everyone,

Mrs. DeFehr (Proud Principal to 431 students she gets to celebrate with, spend time with and beam with proudness with when they make good choices and show growth mindset!)