Happy Last Week of School for 2017! Here are the updates for this week and a glance at the first week back in January as well.
I wish you all a wonderful holiday season with your children and I hope 2018 is the best year yet!
1. PLEASE RETURN REPORT CARD ENVELOPES ASAP Signed. Please feel free to write the teacher a comment on the space provided on the front of the envelope.
2. BE A HUNGER HERO! Thank you for all your donations. We came in 2nd. The winning school had 3.21 tons of food and we had 3.09. Amazing support! Thank you.
3. CHECK LOST AND FOUND THIS WEEK! Please check if your child is missing clothing items or shoes. The Lost and Found will be bagged on Dec. 21 and sent to FOUND 4 KIDS program. Be sure to check yourself as well as encouraging your children to check.
4. BC WINTER GAMES VOLUNTEER CHALLENGE IS ON! Please check out the flyer attached and see if you can help Juniper Ridge be the winning school with the most volunteers.
5. BASKETBALL TRY OUTS start this week. GIRLS Dec. 18 5 pm, Dec. 19 7 am, Dec. 20 5 pm and Dec. 21 7 am
BOYS- Tasha and Deb have added an extra shooting time for BOYS on Tuesday at LUNCH this week. Boys will be with all coaches as well on Wed. Dec. 20 at 2:45 and Thurs. Dec. 21 at 2:45
Thank you to all parent coaches and siblings for stepping forward to assist with coaching.
6. We are excited to tell parents of GR. 4 students interested in Basketball that Mr. and Mrs. Grimm will hold a BASKETBALL CLINIC on Friday mornings starting in January. 7 am in the gym. We are hoping this will build our program and succession into Tier 1 and 2 league.
Practice Schedule for Basketball for January will come home after the winter break.
7. Parents please send an EXTRA BAG this week to bring home projects, gym strip and inside shoes etc. Friday we will be cleaning out desks, cubbies and lockers.
8. PAC HOT LUNCH FOR JANUARY to MARCH- parents can begin to order on MUNCH A LUNCH starting on MONDAY DEC. 18. Please if you can order and pay at once for all lunches available I know our treasurer would appreciate that.
9. CHOICE DAYS will begin in January. Teachers will have passes for distribution for a variety of activities on specific days. Crib Club, Doodle Club, Board Games and Intramurals some of the choices. Some choices are just for primary and some specific for intermediate. The Choice Days schedule will be given to parents in January.
10. JANUARY NEWSLETTER is written and will come home to parents prior to the return back in January. Pizza with the Principal returns and in the newsletter is information about Kindergarten Registration for 2018 as well.
11. FSA RESULTS for Gr. 4 and 7 will come home to parents, with the booklet your child completed with their answers, in JANUARY. The district requested that FSA scores were not sent home with Report Cards and therefore all schools have waited until the new year to share the results. We do not use FSA scores for report card assessments.
THIS WEEK AT JUNIPER RIDGE:
VIRTUE OF HONESTY
THURSDAY IS PAC HOT LUNCH- PIZZA DAY! We will all eat at 12:05 and play at 12:20.
FRIDAY IS RED AND GREEN SPIRIT DAY! Wear your best festive outfit~!
FRIDAY IS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL! WE RETURN MONDAY JANUARY 8th !
When we return in January the VIRTUE OF THE WEEK is RELIABILITY
We will welcome back our two student teachers in Mrs. Pierce and Mrs. Swift's classrooms until Spring Break.
Thurs. Jan. 11 is the first MOTHER GOOSE Preschool program being held in our library from 3-4 pm.
Fri. Jan. 12- Storozak and Stonehouse's classes go SKATING at Sandman Centre
Parents will receive TERM II Overviews from teachers prior to JANUARY 18th so you know what intended learning outcomes are being covered with your child for TERM II.
Thank you parents for an amazing first four months at Juniper Ridge. I am honored to work with your children and look forward to the New Year with them. You will hear from me again the weekend of January 6/7th, 2018
Mrs. DeFehr (One delighted principal with the progress of the students in TERM ONE!)