Site news

Juniper Ridge Parent Update: Feb. 5-9th, 2018

Picture of Carol Defehr
Juniper Ridge Parent Update: Feb. 5-9th, 2018
by Carol Defehr - Sunday, 4 February 2018, 11:43 AM

Hi Parents,

Here are the updates for this week at our school. I have also attached the PIZZA with the PRINCIPAL form should you want to print it and have your child enter for February. They really do love it!

VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: COMMITMENT

PARKING ISSUES: Can I please ask parents to abide by the signage around our school as to where you can and can not drop off or pick up children. The signs seem obvious and yet, I am still getting lots of complaints of parents parking for convenience not safety. Please do not come into the STAFF PARKING LOT and please do not block the entrance of our parking lot or neighbour's driveways. I know it isn't ideal, but we need to work together.

PAC NEWS: PAC MEETING Monday Feb. 5 in the library. 6:00 pm and Childminding is available. Come get involved. The PAC run this meeting and as the principal I give a report at each meeting.

KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION BEGINS FEB. 13-16 at Juniper. Please bring a HYDRO BILL, BC SERVICES CARD/CARECARD and BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Registration starts at 9 am each day and ends at 3 pm.

COMMUNITY SAFETY DAY is coming up Sat. March 3 from 2-4 pm. Please make a note of this event and support the Community Association and the school with your presence.

PARENTS PLEASE COMPLETE THE MINISTRY STUDENT LEARNING SURVEY. I will resend the instructions and access to this survey. I would love for every parent to complete it. Please share your views.

This week at JRES:

Mon. Feb. 5- Trish Smillie (Director of Student Support Services) visiting Juniper at 1:00

-PAC MEETING 6 pm

Tues. Feb. 6- HARPER SKI DAY- Waters, Unsworth and Waters classes

-Tier 1 Boys at DTES, Tier 2(1) at Rayleigh and Tier 2(2) at RLC

Wed. Feb. 7- We are excited to have a Technology Mentor in the building working with Pierce, Plut and Richard's classes

Thurs. Feb. 8- Superintendent Alison Sidow is visiting Juniper from 9-11 am

-HARPER SKI DAY- Rein and Grimm's classes

-Tier 1 Girls  at home vs. St. Ann's/ Tier 2 Girls travel to Parkcrest

Fri. Feb. 9- KSA is coming to perform for our students at 11 am

-JRES ROTARY SPEECH CONTEST 1:05 (Special judge is Chair of the Board of Education Meghan Wade plus a rotarian)

-Skating- 1:00 VALLEYVIEW- Swift, Plut, Sandhu, and Stonehouse

-TIER 1 BOYS TOURNAMENT AT BROCK MIDDLE

MONDAY FEB. 12- FAMILY DAY~ No School. JRES closed.

Coming up next week:

VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: LOVE

Tues. Feb. 13- ART STARTS PERFORMANCE- MONSTER THEATRE 9 am, KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION BEGINS, TIER 1 Girls and Boys travel to RAFT RIVER IN CLEARWATER 1:00 by BUS

Wed. Feb. 14- WEAR PINK OR RED FOR VALENTINE' S DAY! PIZZA WITH THE PRINCIPAL FORMS DUE. RYMER/KREUTZER's class to STAKE LAKE all day, INTERMEDIATE VALENTINE'S DAY 1:10-2:20 (we are asking for a $1 or $2 donation so that Leadership students can make a community donation to the HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION. Each child will get a glow stick with their donation)

Thurs. Feb. 15- PBIS BIG BUDDY ACTIVITY- 430 MINION REASONS WE LOVE JUNIPER RIDGE 1:10-2:20 pm, TIER 2 Girls at WESTMOUNT, TIER 1 Girls practice at 5 pm , MOTHER GOOSE PROGRAM 3-4

Fri. Feb. 16- FLANNEL SPIRIT DAY! PAC HOT LUNCH DAY!- HOT DOGS! SKATING- 1:00 VV- PLUT, SANDHU, JOHNSTON and STONEHOUSE, Pierce and Powrie to BLSC 8:30 am , HARPER MOUNTAIN- GRIMM AND REIN

Thanks everyone,

Mrs. DeFehr (One Proud Principal to all Juniper Ridge Kids! ) I brag everywhere I go about being principal of your school and community. Thank you.