Site news

JUNIPER PARENT'S WEEKLY UPDATE March 5-9th, 2018

Picture of Carol Defehr
JUNIPER PARENT'S WEEKLY UPDATE March 5-9th, 2018
by Carol Defehr - Friday, 2 March 2018, 5:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

It is Report Card reading weekend for me so I am sending the Parent Weekly Update tonight so I can focus the rest of the weekend on your child's learning documents. Here are the updates for this week and a glance at the following week as well for your planning.

Please find attached a flyer from the district for a PARENT WORKSHOP March 8 at 6:30 with Nick Chernoff  "Raising Digital Responsible Learners" 6:30-8:30 HGEC-  Definitely worth attending!

Don't forget tomorrow(Sat. March 3) is COMMUNITY SAFETY DAY at Juniper Ridge from 2-4 pm. Lots of great door prizes and events planned. Thanks for your support.

Don't forget to enter your child in the PIZZA with the PRINCIPAL draw! The entry form was at the back of the March newsletter or your child can ask Mrs. Decker for a paper copy.

PAC UPDATE: Our next PAC meeting is Monday March 5th at 6 pm in the library. Please join us as all parents are part of the PAC. The Principal also gives a report about the happenings in the school. I will also be sharing Kindergarten enrollment information/class configuration information for 2018-2019 and information about our School Learning Plan.

PAC SENOR FROGGIE LUNCH is Friday March 9th. We will all eat at12:05 that day.

We are welcoming back Mrs. Ashlea Davey into our Gr. 6/7 class (Mon/Tues) and Gr. 5/6 class on Wednesday. She has been on maternity leave and is excited to work with the children.

VIRTUE of the WEEK: COURAGE

Gr. 4-7 Parents of SWIMMERS! We are hoping to enter a JUNIPER RIDGE team  into the SD73 ELEMENTARY SWIM MEET April 18. Please talk to your child if they would like to participate so when a meeting is called you have already discussed this opportunity with them.

BASKETBALL UPDATE: All 4 teams are moving on in the playoffs this week: Tier 2(1) plays at Juniper on Tuesday at 4 pm and Tier 2(2) play at Pac Way on Tuesday. Tier 1 Girls play Wednesday at Dufferin at 4 pm. Tier 1 Boys play Thursday at Dufferin at 4 pm. Parents are responsible for carpooling or driving their child to their game. Please be at the school 30 min before game time.

PURDY's ORDER FUNDRAISER ends Thurs. March 8. Please return all orders with payment to the office by Thursday.

March 6 we will start a PBIS blitz on HALLWAYS. We will be looking for ROARS HALL STARS- lockers closed, boots on racks and all items hung and tidy! We will have one primary and one intermediate grand prize winner announced on March 16th.

On Thurs. March 8 Mrs. Sandhu and Mrs. Patterson welcome their parents to a Presentation Of Learning afternoon starting at 1:30.

A reminder on Thurs. March 8- Unsworth and Murray's classes go swimming at TCC at 12:30

Friday is an exciting day as Natalie Seifert will be PRINCIPAL FOR THE DAY~ she was the lucky winner who gets to do my job all day with me! Grimm and Rein's classes go skating on Friday at 1:00. On Fridays students should wear their JUNIPER RIDGE SPIRIT WEAR.

SUN. MARCH 11- DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME! Hooray!

Coming up next week: Our last week before Spring Break!

Virtue of the Week: Patience

Don't forget to save your shoes for our SOULS 4 SOLES campaign coming up. We need your old shoes!

March 13- Pizza with the Principal forms due. Our NEW KINDERGARTEN SPARK EVENT is  happening 4:30-5:30 and 5:45-6:45. Thanks to all new 2018-2019- K parents that registered in Eventbrite.

March 14- TERM II REPORT CARDS go home with students. Parents please celebrate and be sure to read the report card to/with your child. It is meant to be a shared document. Please return BROWN REPORT CARD ENVELOPES Thursday and Friday.

We are excited that our YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR'S FAIR is happening Wed. March 14. Our Gr. 6/7 classes have done design, marketing and are excited to sell their products to the student body for Career Education. Most items to purchase are $2 so depending on how much you wish to send, if any at all, we would love for our senior students to have our young population purchase their creations. They are outstanding!

March 15- If parents have concerns about the report card please feel free to set up a time to meet with the teacher. This can be done via email, phone call or a parent teacher interview. The teachers are happy to discuss your child's progress if you have any concerns.

Mrs. Johnston's class goes to BLSC for the morning on Thursday AM and in the PM, Mrs. Unsworth and Mrs. Murray's classes go swimming.

March 16- GREEN DAY! Get in the spirit for St. Patrick's Day! Our student teachers Ms. Malner and Ms. Lucas finish their practicums so those classes will say goodbye to the future teachers.

Lockers and Desks will be cleaned out prior to Spring Break. Please be sure to check the lost and found. So much good stuff is in there! We can't keep it forever either....so check in the next two weeks before we send it to Found4Kids program.

SPRING BREAK MARCH 17-MARCH 25.

Thanks everyone,

Mrs. DeFehr (One proud principal to 430 students who have consistently been impressing me with their choices and engagement in learning!)