Site news

Juniper Parent's Weekly Update March 26-30th, 2018

Picture of Carol Defehr
Juniper Parent's Weekly Update March 26-30th, 2018
by Carol Defehr - Saturday, 24 March 2018, 11:45 AM

Welcome Back after Spring Break Parents!

I hope you had a lovely week with your children. School resumes Monday March 26 and doors open at 8:20 am.

Virtue of the Week: Moderation

Please remember to send back inside shoes and gym strip. The lost and found has been bagged and bundled. This is your last chance parents to see Mrs. Decker if you are missing an item before it will be sent out of the school to Found4Kids at the end of this week.

Monday March 26- EASTER PURDY's ORDERS are ready for pick up in the office. If you prefer to have it sent home with your child please email Mrs. Decker bdecker@sd73.bc.ca

PAC SPRING FLING- the attached Parent Form and Letter went home previously in a seperate email, but I am resending in hopes you can help. This is a huge fundraiser our PAC is undertaking to support the school and the children. We appreciate your help.

The next PAC Meeting is Monday April 9th at 6 pm in the library.

The next PAC HOT LUNCH is coming up Thursday March 29th- PIZZA DAY! We will all eat at 12:05.

On Monday March 26th the staff is participating in a joint Collaboration Meeting with Dallas Elementary. You will see  staff leaving promptly at 2:45 to get to Dallas Elementary for 3 pm. Thanks for understanding that they won't have time to chat afterschool that day.

On Tuesday March 27th it is Pizza with the Principal Lunch for my Lucky March Winners! 12:05 in the library.

Also, on Tuesday, we welcome Tech Mentors to work with Grimm, Stonehouse and Davey's classes. Special thanks to our PAC that is financially supporting this Tech Mentorship  as part of their goals and vision for site based professional development for our teachers.

The APRIL NEWSLETTER will come home this week to parents via email. Please print and enter PIZZA with the PRINCIPAL. The list of calendar events is extensive for April and May so you will want to print that off for sure!

ATHLETICS UPDATE: Mrs. Swift will be looking for PARLOFF RELAY runners after Easter.  Gr. 4-7 students will be able to come sign up if they love to run!

FLAG FOOTBALL is happening in April and May. Special thanks to Dave Reid and Kris Armstrong who will be coaching our Gr. 6/7 team. Games are always on Tuesdays. Sign up did occur before the break, but students are welcome to come see Mrs. DeFehr if interested. We could use a few more girls for our team.

SWIM CLUB MEMBERS- Please return both your permission forms to Mrs. Unsworth immediately after the break. You can bring them to the office and Mrs. Decker will pass along to Mrs. Unsworth.

GR. 4 PHYSICAL LITERACY Program resumes at 8 am Mondays/Wednesdays until April 4th.

GRADE 7 PARENTS- Please SAVE THE DATE of WEDNESDAY JUNE 27th for the Gr. 7 2018 MOVING ON CEREMONY. This event will be at TRU Mountain Room. More information to come home regarding this event as it gets closer, but we wanted to make sure you make yourselves available 5:30-8:30 that evening.

CULTURE CLUB with Mr. Laboucan- Wednesdays with Primary and Fridays with Intermediate. Be sure to encourage your child to attend. Our Aboriginal Education Worker loves seeing new faces each week.

EASTER WEEKEND: No school Friday March 30th- Good Friday. Happy Easter Sunday April 1st. No School Monday April 2- Easter Monday.

Coming up next week:

Virtue of the Week: UNITY

Parents in Storozak and Pierce's classrooms please return your OPERATION CHILD FIND permission forms as this event takes place TUES. APRIL 3.

Parents wishing to give the principal input on class placement needs for 2018-2019 may come to the office to pick up a PINK PARENT INPUT FORM starting TUESDAY APRIL 3rd. These are due back Thurs. May 17th for consideration. More information in the April newsletter on this process.

Wed. April 4- CUPCAKE SALE hosted by Mrs. Johnston's class.

Thurs. April 5- PAC HOT LUNCH TCC HEALTHFARE. We will all eat at 12:05

Fri. April 6- Day of Sucwentwec Assembly 9 am. All parents are welcome to join us.

Parents will also receive the TERM III Overview with the intended learning outcomes for the term by today.

Parents- SAVE THE DATE to come to our MOST MAGNIFICENT THING ADST/Critical and Creative Thinking Event!  We will have a kick off assembly Monday April 16 at 8:45 am and then an OPEN HOUSE Friday April 20 from 1:30-2:30. All parents are welcome to come join us at the school for both events if your calendar permits! We can't wait to show you what we have created on April 20th.

Parents please note that I am out of the building all day Wed. March 28th and the afternoon of Thursday March 29th. I am also out of the building Thurs. April 5 and then in Vancouver Friday April 6 and Saturday April 7th. I am always available by email at cdefehr@sd73.bc.ca should you need to contact me.

A reminder again to please not enter our STAFF PARKING LOT at any time. Most days we don't have enough parking stalls for the staff and when parents enter the lot it makes it even more congested. Please obey the parking signs around the school and PLEASE DO NOT IDLE NEAR OUR SCHOOL. Young lungs do not need to breath in your exhaust.  Thanks so much for your help!

Please ensure your children are dressed for Spring Weather- gumboots, rain jackets and extra pants and socks are really appreciated this time of year! The kids need to be prepared to go outside even in April showers.

Please return your SIGNED BROWN REPORT CARD envelope if you did not return it prior to Spring Break.

I look forward to seeing your children on Monday!

Respectfully,

Mrs. DeFehr (One invested Principal who loves spending time with your kids and your community)