Site news

Parent's Weekly Update: April 2-6, 2018

Picture of Carol Defehr
Parent's Weekly Update: April 2-6, 2018
by Carol Defehr - Saturday, 31 March 2018, 9:41 AM

Happy Easter Juniper Ridge Parents,

I hope you are having a wonderful long weekend with your children. A reminder that there is no school on Monday April 2 as this is Easter Monday. School returns Tues. April 3.

VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: UNITY

LOST AND FOUND- So many boots are left over from before Spring Break. We will be donating all runners to our Soles4Souls campaign but boots will be sent to Found4Kids this week.

RETURN PIZZA with the PRINCIPAL FORMS! The children can  also ask Mrs. Decker for one as she has extras in the office. Remind them to see her if you don't have a printer.

PINK PARENT INPUT FORMS for 2018-2019 available for PICK UP starting April 3. Parents please note that we do date stamp and time these so the sooner you complete them the better! These are available up until May 17th. This is your chance to tell me some information about your child and what placement considerations you would like me to know.

SWIM CLUB MEMBERS- return permission forms this week to Mrs. Unsworth. First Practice is Sunday April 8 4-5 pm at the YMCA.

FLAG FOOTBALL TRY OUT this week! Wed. April 4 at 2:45 - Coach Dave and Coach Kris will hold a try out for all interested athletes. Permission forms will follow this week once the team is set.

GR. 4 PHYSICAL LITERACY- Last 8 am session for our Gr. 4's is Wed. April 4th. Thanks to all the parents and students that supported this program.

PAC UPDATE: Next PAC Meeting is Monday April 9th. 6 pm. All parents are welcome- even if you have never been before! We would love to see you! The next PAC HOT LUNCH is coming up Thurs. April 5 for those of you that ordered for your children- TCC HEALTHFARE.

SPRING SOCIAL: Tickets are now available for the Friday May 11th, 2018 Juniper Ridge Elementary Spring Social Fundraiser! You can purchase them through your munch-a-lunch accounts or by visiting the website; https://juniperridge73.wixsite.com/springsocial  

Please note there is limited tickets so make sure to purchase them early to ensure your spot. Looking forward to a wonderful evening of mingling and supporting our school!  Information attached for your support in a letter/donation form as well.

OPERATION CHILD FIND- This Tuesday April 3- students in Mrs. Pierce and Mrs. Storozak's class will be part of Operation Child FInd where Identification Cards will be made on each child. Parents- if you haven't returned the consent form- you must do this so your child can participate.

CUPCAKE SALE by Mrs. Johnston's Class- WED. APRIL 4th! $1.00 and information was sent home to pre order!

PARENTS IN MRS. KLASSEN's class are reminded of the PRESENTATION OF LEARNING Thurs. April 6 in the library. We hope many parents can attend at 1:45.

Friday April 6 is the DISTRICT DAY OF SUCWENTWECW as featured in the April newsletter. Unfortunately, Chair of the Board Meghan Wade contacted me Sat. March 31 to say that she is no longer able to attend. Please join staff and students Friday April 6 at 9 am to take in this informative assembly Honoring the Role of Indigenous Knowledge.

A reminder parents that I am absent Thursday April 5 (Princpal's Meeting) and April 6/7 in Vancouver for my UBC TELP Coursework. Mrs. Lloyd, our Vice Principal,  should be your immediate contact regarding any matters as she will be able to respond quicker. Please do email me of course and I will respond when I can.

TERM III OVERVIEWS will be sent to parents by Fri. April 6 so you know exactly what themes and content your children will be coverering in this final term of learning.

DAFFODIL CANCER CAMPAIGN- Our leadership students are supporting cancer research this month and we are asking all families to bring in all their recyclable bottles to the school APRIL 9-13th.  All monies collected will go to help cancer research. If you have any questions please contact Mrs. Unsworth.

SOLES4SOULS- Don't forget to donate all your unused footwear to our school! We are collecting shoes until April 29th.

We have 4 student teachers starting April 6-April 20th. These TRU Practicum students will work with Mrs. Storozak and Mrs. Murray.

Coming up next week April 9-13
VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: UNDERSTANDING
Mon. April 9- Bottle Drive begins at JRES, Student Teachers start, Staff Meeting 2:45 and PAC Meeting 6 pm
Tues. April 10- Good luck to our students attending the Regional Science Fair!, JRES Swim Club practice at 7 am, SPARK Session for our new K's for 2018-2019- 4:30 and 5:45 in the library
Wed. April 11- GR. 2/3 BIKE RODEO! 1:00!    April 11 is #lovemyschoolday in Social Media!  1st Mother Goose session for Spring Session 3-4 pm in the library.
Thurs. April 12- PAC HOT LUNCH Swiss Chalet (please remind your children that we don't take utensils outside to play with after!)
Fri. April 13- FLIPPED FRIDAY SPIRIT DAY!  Pizza with the Principal forms due!  I will be away on this day as I am spending the day at Valleyview Secondary to see what life is like at the secondary level and get a better sense of Valleyview's program since they are our feeder highschool.

SAVE THE DATE: FRI. APRIL 20th 1:30 for our Most Magnificent Thing Open House for parents! AND BE SURE TO SEND A BOX WITH YOUR CHILD!

Thank you parents!  I also post this information to the website should you ever need it.
If you don't follow Juniper Ridge on Instragram and Twitter- you should!
Instragram @juniperridgeelementary
Twitter @juniperridge73
Respectfully,
Mrs. DeFehr (A proud principal to 431 remarkable learners and human beings)