Site news

Juniper Ridge's Parent Weekly Update May 21-25th, 2018

Picture of Carol Defehr
Juniper Ridge's Parent Weekly Update May 21-25th, 2018
by Carol Defehr - Saturday, 19 May 2018, 12:12 PM

Happy Long Weekend Parents,

Greetings from the sunny Shuswap Lake! I hope your weekend is full of fun and family time. I just finished watching the Royal Wedding of Harry and Meghan with my mom! Please find the updates for this week below and a glance at the following week as well. I will be sending a few emails to follow this one regarding assisting our Feeder School Valleyview Secondary with a Leadership project collecting books and also another about the International Student Program Homestay Families needed participalrly in Juniper Ridge.

Virtue of the Week: Friendliness

Monday May 21- VICTORIA DAY- Juniper Ridge Closed

Tuesday May 22- Mrs. Lloyd and I present to the Board of Education and Education Officers about the year at Juniper Ridge and how we are proceeding with our school goals from our School Learning Plan.

Wednesday May 23- ICECREAM DAY! Thank you for all the orders! I so appreciate it. Icecream treats are delivered to classrooms at the end of the school day. Mrs. Lloyd and Mrs. DeFehr away in the afternoon at Safe Arrival training as per my synrevoice about this last week.

Thursday May 24- Students from Mrs. Murrary and Mrs. Rein's class go to the TREC POW WOW all day. Students in Mrs. Tanner and Mr. Richard's classes have Computer Science workshops from Actua today. People in Motion visit our school for another session today. Students from Hill, Gatien, Plut and Sandhu go to Gymnastics today. It is Flag Football Jamboree Day! Thanks to those parents driving- please be at JRES for 10:30 as the Jamboree starts at 11 am. Mrs. Johnston is the teacher sponsor attending the Jamboree with your kids. PAC HOT LUNCH DAY TODAY! Pizza! We will all eat at 12:05. Gr. 6 Immunizations have been postponed due to the Pow Wow- these will now happen June 6th.

Friday May 25- People in Motion return for their final and fifth day.  Ms. Marlatt and Mrs. Storozak's classes go to the Wildlife Park all day. Mrs. Stonehouse and Mrs. Swift's classes have Actua Computer Science workshops. Mrs. Decker is away in the afternoon at Safe Arrival training.

Coming up next week:

Virtue of the week: HUMILITY

Bring books for Valleyview Secondary!

Mon. May 28- Mrs. Johnston's class releasing the salmon

Tues. May 29- Recognition Assembly 8:45 am, Actua Computer Science workshops for Waters and Murray's classes

Wed. May 30- Pizza with the Principal Lunch- I picked 8 lucky winners for this last time! It is a pizza party! Last Mother Goose session happens today from 3-4 pm

Thurs. May 31- June Newsletter will be emailed home to parents. PAC  Hot Lunch- Swiss Chalet, Gymnastics- Hill/Gatien, Plut and Sandhu

Fri. June 1- Shumway Lake Field Trip for Richard and Stonehouse's classes, Gr. 7 parents please ensure you have sent payment and ticket totals back to the school.

Please note the BRIGHT RED BOOK BUS will be at Juniper TUESDAYS at JUNIPER RIDGE from July 31- AUGUST 24th. Be sure to bring your kids between 10 and 12 each week.

Thanks everyone,

Mrs. DeFehr (One Proud Principal that gets to tell the Board of Education how amazing the school and community is on Tuesday!)