Site news

Juniper Ridge Parent's Weekly Update May 28- June 1st, 2018

Picture of Carol Defehr
Juniper Ridge Parent's Weekly Update May 28- June 1st, 2018
by Carol Defehr - Saturday, 26 May 2018, 7:37 PM

Good Evening Parents,

JUNE IS UPON US! Hard to believe! Almost completed my first full year at Juniper Ridge!

VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: HUMILITY

PLEASE SEND GENTLY USED BOOKS TO THE OFFICE for our Valleyview Leadership Students!

PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE NEW SCHOOL MESSENGER APP as per my other email this week.We are switching from SCHOOL CONNECTS to SCHOOL MESSENGER. Our safe arrival phone number REMAINS THE SAME PARENTS! So that is good news! Keep calling in to report those absences.

JUNE NEWSLETTER WILL BE EMAILED HOME THIS WEEK! The list of calendar dates is extensive as always.

PBIS SAFE PLAY SAFE HANDS CAMPAIGN CONTINUES THIS WEEK! The kids have been doing a great job keeping hands to self and following expected behaviours. They are going to earn a special reward after this week!

THE PAC IS HOSTING A STAFF APPRECIATION LUNCH for JRES Staff. Please see the link below to sign up to assist in the Mexican Fiesta! Thanks for assisting the PAC executive with this event for staff.

http://signup.com/go/TJMGaXz

We got our 2 new WATER FOUNTAINS THIS WEEK! Send your child with a water bottle because it fills it in seconds and is free of lead! It also tells us how many plastic water bottles we have saved on this planet each time we refill.

WHAT'S GOING ON THIS WEEK AT JUNIPER:

Monday May 28- Mrs. Johnston's Class is on a field trip all day to release our Salmon!  A reminder that the Juniper Ridge Community Association has its ANNUAL AGM on Monday night 6 pm in the JRES LIBRARY.

Tuesday May 29- MAY RECOGNITION ASSEMBLY 8:45 am.Parents welcome!  Mrs. Murray and Mrs. Waters' classes receive the Actua Computer Science Workshops.

Wednesday May 30- PIZZA WITH THE PRINCIPAL LUNCH- LAST ONE FOR THIS YEAR- I chose 8 winners this time! Should be a great time!  Last Mother Goose session in our library 3-4 pm

Thursday May 31- PAC HOT LUNCH- Swiss Chalet- we all eat at 12:05.  Gymnastics for Plut, Sandhu, Gatien and Hill's classes.

Friday June 1- GR. 7 PARENTS- your ticket totals and payment are due today so we can confirm with TRU! The response has been amazing!  We hope all Gr. 7's join us...it will be the most memorable evening! I have planned this at my last 5 schools and for my daugther's Gr. 7 Moving On Ceremony from McGowan back in the day.

Shumway Lake Friday for Mr. Richard and Mrs. Stonehouse's classes all day.

WHAT IS HAPPENING NEXT WEEK?

VIRTUE OF THE WEEK: RESPONSIBILITY

PEOPLE IN MOTION CHARITY OF CHOICE for LEADERSHIP STUDENTS- Please send in a donation June 4- 8th  for this amazing organization that spent 5 days educating our children about Inclusion and Diversity. There will be a donation jar on the office counter.  Thank you Mrs. Grimm/Davey's students for thinking of these individuals.

Monday June 4- Harriet Broadbent will be PRINCIPAL FOR THE DAY! Her parents bid on the experience at the PAC SPRING SOCIAL at the silent auction!

Tuesday June 5- TRU SPORT CAMP DAY 1

THE SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR STARTS IN OUR LIBRARY! Get your SUMMER READING Materials for your children and support our school!! Tuesday-Thursday this week.

Wednesday June 6- TRU SPORT CAMP DAY 2, PAC STAFF APPRECIATION LUNCH, Rymer and Klassen's classes to Gymnastics, GR. 6 IMMUNIZATIONS, GR. 7's- VISIT TO VALLEYVIEW SECONDARY 9-12

Thursday June 7- PAC HOT LUNCH- HOT DOGS- we will all eat at 12:05, Fruit and Veggie Program- Tomatoes, Gymnastics- Hill and Gatien, Isobel Lake for Pierce and Tanner's classes all day.

Friday June 8- Isobel Lake all day for Hill and Gatien's classes.

NEXT PAC MEETING is Monday June 11th. SEE YOU THERE! 6 pm in the library.

Thanks parents for all your support!

PS. The Chair of the Board of Education and the Superintendent were VERY IMPRESSED with Juniper Ridge's commitment to deeper learning and our School Learning Plan goals on Tuesday when we presented.

Mrs. DeFehr (PROUDEST PRINCIPAL in ALL of KAMLOOPS!)