Site news

JUNIPER RIDGE PARENT'S WEEKLY UPDATE June 25-28, 2018

Picture of Carol Defehr
JUNIPER RIDGE PARENT'S WEEKLY UPDATE June 25-28, 2018
by Carol Defehr - Saturday, 23 June 2018, 1:38 PM

Hi Everyone,
Please see below the reminders and information parents have been sent this weekend:

Hard to believe JRES Parents! The 2018-2019 School Year is coming to a close. Thank you so much for making my first year at Juniper Ridge a remarkable one! I have appreciated ALL your support~ especially when I made mistakes being new!

HERE ARE THE UPDATES FOR THIS WEEK:

PLEASE Check the LOST and FOUND and encourage your children to do the same! So many great articles of clothing and they will be given away on June 29th.

PLEASE send your child with an extra bag this week to collect locker and desk items and projects collected throughout the year.

RETURN ANY LIBRARY BOOKS or SCHOOL JERSEYS you happen to come across this weekend.

GRADE 7 PARENTS- The itinerary for the GR. 7 FAREWELL at TRU was distributed Friday June 22. Please ensure you ask your child for this. There are no tickets for this event, we will take attendance as you enter and tables are open seating- you will not be assigned seats.

ALL PARENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO SIGN UP THEIR CHILDREN for the TRND Public Library Summer Reading Program. I did this every year with my daughter and it was so great for maintaining her reading abilities during the summer months.

REMINDER THE BRIGHT RED BOOK BUS is coming to JUNIPER every Tuesday starting JULY 31! 10-12! Your child will get  a new book each week! So fun!

MONDAY JUNE 25- Swift and Johnston's Classes go to BROCK POOL at 11:00 am

*NEW KINDERGARTENS FOR 2018-2019 can pick up their GRADUAL ENTRY PACKAGE starting Monday June 25. You will know exactly which room and what your schedule is for the first week!

TUESDAY JUNE 26-  Primary Fun Day led by Mrs. Rein's class (K-3 students)   Marion Schilling POW WOW- Richard, Storozak, Swift and Johnston's classes

WEDNESDAY JUNE 27- PRINCE CHARLES PARK- Storozak, Gatien, Hill, Marlatt, Sandhu/Patterson, Plut's classes 10:45 am.

GR. 7 MOVING ON CEREMONY at TRU 5:30 doors open.

THURSDAY JUNE 28- LAST DAY OF CLASSES. DISMISSAL at 12:00. YEAR END ASSEMBLY starts at 10:30. EARLY RECESS 10:00 am. ALL PARENTS ARE WELCOME! We have a great program and I think it is worth attending! TERM III REPORT CARDS sent home.

FIRST DAY OF CLASSES  for 2018-2019 is TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 4th 10:30-12. Students will return to their teacher they shared the last 10 months with. You have my promise that we will get children into classes just as swiftly as possible. 20 Divisions is a lot to manage so thanks for your patience.  I will be in touch on the Labour Day long weekend to welcome you back.

Respectfully,

Mrs. DeFehr (Can't put into words just how much I have enjoyed being your Principal this year!)